Java Bootcamp Scholarship in Lagos
Learn the art of building great technologies with one of the most popular all-purpose programming languages in the world.
Today, the rate of youth’s unemployment in Nigeria is alarming. Java bootcamp aims to reduce the unemployment rate by empowering youths in the field of technology as technology has become an integral part of our daily life. The demand of technology is seen to be a reality in creating employment opportunity for young people. Our Bootcamp teaches youths the art of programming, using Java programming language to give young people an opportunity to be self-employed, and exposed to entrepreneurship through the use of information and communication technology.
Many youths have keen desire to gain worthwhile skills and practical knowledge in computer software. However, the cost of learning professional course in computer is high and many are not financially buoyant to enroll themselves. Our scholarship program is to assist passionate youths to empower themselves.
JavaBootcamp tuition fee is ₦200, 000. Eligibility:
- A good prior knowledge on how to use a Computer.
- High willingness to learn Java
- High level of dedication, commitment and target-orientation
- Strong capacity for team work
- Strong self-motivation and high level of enthusiasm
What you should be expecting
Java technology is both a programming language and a platform. The Java programming language is a high-level object-oriented language that has a particular syntax and style. A Java platform is a particular environment in which Java programming language applications run.
Java is not just a programming language. It is a part of our digital lifestyle. And a lifelong career for anyone who masters it. Our Java Bootcamp training course is the best way to start your computer programming career.
What is the purpose of the bootcamp?
The purpose of the bootcamp is to initiate a process of rapid improvement by means of achieving a shared understanding of the salient technologies (new and old) and management methods that we need to employ, if we are to achieve our stated goals.
What is the reason for the bootcamp?
A lot of companies are looking for the best ninja in Java software development to help them make their dreams come true, but it is unfortunate that we have little of such ninja in Java. We've also heard stories where people pay much to get trained in Java and at the end, it's just a waste of time and resources. Our aim is very simple, we want to eradicate both scenarios and produce world-class Java developers.
8 Weeks (12hrs a week)
Brief Platform Explaination
1. Java Platform, Standard Edition (Java SE)
When most people think of the Java programming language, they think of the Java SE API. Java SE's API provides the core functionality of the Java programming language. It defines everything from the basic types and objects of the Java programming language to high-level classes that are used for networking, security, database access, graphical user interface (GUI) development, and XML parsing.
2. Interactive Voice Response (IVR) SystemIt is an automated telephony system that interacts with callers, gathers information and routes calls to the appropriate recipient. It accepts a combination of voice telephone input and touch-tone keypad selection and provides appropriate responses in the form of voice, fax, callback, e-mail and perhaps other media. Example of IVR is telecommunication (e.g MTN, GLO, Airtel and 9Mobile etc) customer care center
The method of training is as follows:
The training is to be:
• Delivered in an enthusiastic and interesting way that will involve all the delegates.
• Whilst being consistent with the plan, the training must be flexible and responsive to the needs of the individual delegate group.
• Highly practical, structured and organized.
The training method follows this general pattern:
1. The instructor gives a clear explanation of the point in question.
2. Then the instructor will demonstrate the principle and gives specific examples.
3. Then, the delegates practice by doing an exercise on what had been taught
4. The delegates practice by doing exercise with the instructor.
5. All points are supported with full written notes to take away.
Java Bootcamp Lagos FAQ
Yes, there will be a selection process and this process is dependent on the platform of choice. Our aim is to produce the best Java developers in the industry and to do that we must ensure all prerequisites are well followed strictly.
All of our instructors have years of experience in their field and are experts in Java Programming with a lot of mobile, web and desktop app deployment. It will interest you to know that one of them built the first SMSC/SMPP gateway app in Nigeria that pushes SMS contents to millions of people across Nigeria.
You will be exposed to the art of building great and working apps with ease and before the bootcamp ends you would have developed an app you can call yours, this makes you employable in the fast-growing IT world. Also even after the Bootcamp you will be mentored by high top-notch Software Engineers in the industry
A good prior knowledge of any object oriented programming language will be a good start. For Android and Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) it's a must you have at least a little knowledge of Java Standard Edition (JSE). For JSE all we require from you is a desperate desire for software development and to be able to use a computer perfectly well without assistance.
No, we will start with the platform with the highest user request. So just tap on button 'Add me to the waiting list' to register your intrest and we will surely get back to you.